Let us celebrate the examples of our community working together to benefit others. Our thanks to…
- Celebrating that the volunteers for the St. Jude’s Community Garden can once again, plant and eventually harvest the produce from the church’s Lyon’s Lane garden. Hundreds of pounds of fresh produce annually are donated to Kerr Street Ministries. Fresh food for people in need: another important part of the food outreach program at St. Jude’s.
- Bell Ringers who have kindly volunteered to ring the bells at St. Jude’s every day of the week! We thank them for creating a very meaningful way to “bring” the community together.
- We are very grateful to Sobeys at Maple Grove for their assistance in sourcing the ingredients for the meals that St. Jude’s volunteers cooked at Kerr Street Mission on April 16 AND May 14
- After we had to suspend the St Jude’s Grocery Program, our food provider, Food For Life, stepped up and offered to deliver the food to “our” 30 families in the Maurice Drive/Margaret Drive communities. In addition, four new client families have been added to the program. We also have three other clients whose deliveries are being covered by St Jude’s volunteers. Thank you everyone!
- Julia Hanna; a local business woman, who with her family supplied food, labour and packaging for St. Jude’s to continue sponsoring the Monday Kerr Street dinners.
- Parishioners and friends who are busy sewing masks and gowns.
- Volunteers calling to check on other parishioners.
- The children who are putting visual displays in windows or driveways or the many painted rocks around our community with encouragement and hope.